The world is a huge place, full of sights to see, however some are ever popular, year after year. Let’s take a look at 20 of the most popular destinations, and maybe give you a few ideas of places you might like to visit.
- Times Square, New York – Broadway, huge stores, busy, bustling traffic, yellow taxis – sound familiar?
- Central Park, New York – Probably made even more famous by Friends, this huge green space is packed with more attractions than you may realise.
- Las Vegas strip – Sin City is packed with themed hotels along the famous Strip, and is actually much longer than your feet may realise – get on the bus!
- Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada – Nature’s wonder straddles the US and Canadian border, adding more wow to what is already a stunning sight.
- Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida – Who doesn’t want to head to the magic at least once in their life?
- Istanbul Grand Bazaar, Turkey – This 15th century myriad of stalls and colours is a treat for the senses, and rather easy to get lost in.
- Eiffel Tower, Paris – A symbol of romance.
- Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris – This gothic wonder is just one of many fantastic sites in Paris.
- Forbidden City, Beijing – The former home of Emperors for nearly 500 years, this colourful site attracts visitors in abundance.
- Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris – Head to the top for stunning panoramic views from the city’s highest viewing point.
- Victoria Peak, Hong Kong – In stark contrast to the skyscraper city, here you’ll find fresh air, peace, quiet, and amazing views.
- Machu Picchu, Peru – The Inca Trail’s crowning glory and World Wonder.
- The Pyramids, Cairo – Another World Wonder, Egypt’s pharaohs and pyramids continue to intrigue.
- Great Wall of China – Seen from space, this 2000 year old structure spans miles.
- Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, Australia – Visitors continue to flock to this stunning marine-world.
- Musee du Louvre, Paris – This large pyramid houses the world’s largest museum.
- The Acropolis, Athens – Including the Parthenon, this historic centre is sat high on the hill, and full of ancient buildings and architecture.
- Sydney Opera House, Australia – The iconic harbour landmark, be sure to jump on the Manly ferry for the best views.
- The Colosseum, Rome – This partially ruined amphitheatre is where former gladiators prepared for battle in Roman times.
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India – The white marble mausoleum is a symbol of eternal love, and another Wonder.
These are just 20 of the world’s most popular and iconic landmarks, with countless more out there besides.