Australia is The Ideal Answer!
We work long and hard throughout our lives, and when we finally reach retirement age, we are free to enjoy our twilight years without worry of having to get up early evening morning and head out to work, free to spend time with loved ones, free to explore, and free to enjoy our lives without restriction, to some degree.
Now, more and more people are choosing to head oversees after they retire, to enjoy a new way of life, perhaps a lower pace of life, with a lower cost of living. Within that section of people who are moving away from home, a considerable number of them are choosing to retire to Australia.
You might be asking yourself why, but when you think about it clearly, it’s really no surprise!
Australia has a fantastic climate, the sun shines seemingly endlessly, the people are friendly, the pace of life is slow and laid-back, the landscapes are stunning, and you are never that far away from a paradise beach, provided you live on the coast that is!
Of course, there is a fair amount of red tape to look into before making the leap, such as retirement visas etc, but once that is out of the way, you are free to enjoy everything Australia has on offer.
So, if you need a little more persuasion, here are the reasons why so many people choose Australia.
- There are many places in Australia to visit when you retire, and the extra time you have, as well as hopefully the savings you have behind you too, allow you to really explore this fantastic country, with practically every landscape known to man included in its landmass!
- The pace of life is slow, and that can be a wonderful change from a fast pace you may have been used to when working 9-5. If you have lived in a busy city for much of your life, you may find a coastal town, or even a coastal city, in Australia offers a much more chilled-out way of life for you.
- The cost of living is considerably less compared to some other countries, such as the USA and UK – this all helps when you are living off a pension or your savings.
- Healthcare is high quality.
- There are many other people who have chosen to retire to Australia, so you will never be short of friends, and you many find that you actually get to mingle with people from all over the world, those you would never have met otherwise – this gives you a much more enriching and exciting life.
- Australia is beautiful, do you really need another excuse than that?
So, if you’re thinking about relocating on your retirement, be sure to give Australia the consideration it deserves.