I believe a holiday should be a right, not a luxury, however I also understand that money doesn’t grow on trees, unfortunately. Because of that, it’s always worthwhile searching out a bargain when it comes to deciding where to head on your annual summer break.
There are some destinations that are not only cheaper at the time of booking than others, but also lower on the price of eating out, excursions, etc whilst you’re there. Equally, some destinations might come up as a little higher at the time of booking, but offer more of an experience, and a lower cost of living during your break.
It’s all a case of research. Luckily for you, I’ve put together a list of 10 of the best value destinations you should consider heading to this year.
- Turkey – A good rate for visitors on the Turkish lira means more for your money, and generally holidays within this bright and varied country are lower in cost than those in the Euro zone. You’ll also have a damn good time – you won’t find a bad word from me about this cultural sunshine destination.
- Sunny Beach, Bulgaria – The low cost of eating out in Bulgaria means a better quality holiday, and of course less need for so much spending money. Sunny Beach is also bright and vibrant, which adds to the pull.
- Bali – A true paradise holiday actually works out a lot cheaper than you might think. Bali is consistently coming up on lists for quality and low cost of living during a break, so a bit of paradise might well be in reach.
- The Algarve, Portugal – All inclusive resorts on this extensive stretch of coastline prove every popular, but the all inclusive option means value for money and no need to budget.
- Philippines – A fantastic alternative to Thailand, which has been done so many times over recent years. The Philippines are a cheaper alternative, and offer culture, history, nature, and a chance to kick back and relax.
- Romania – Full of history and stories, Romania is enjoying an upsurge in tourism, and prices reflect this.
- Spain – Again, thanks to cheap airlines, more and more flights are heading to Spain for a lower cost, meaning more to spend during a break.
- Malta – During low season, Malta is surprisingly cheap, and with culture, history and of course, sun, it is a great choice.
- The Dominican Republic – Possibly the best value Caribbean island, with plentiful all inclusive options, this is more than a beach holiday.
- Canary Islands – Fantastic for winter or summer sun, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura offer great value holidays for families.
You don’t have to break the bank when it comes to your holiday choice this year, it’s all about bargain hunting!